|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
CGI Federal is seeking a Senior WebMethods Expert to join our Federal Business Unit supporting one of our long-term growing contracts within a government agency based in Baltimore, MD. The person in this role will work with business owners, technical owners, and external partners to understand requirements and develop solutions using WebMethods components. The candidate will also assist with production support for the WebMethods stack.
Candidates are required to make occasional trips to the client site in Woodlawn, MD for client meetings post COVID-19 restrictions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Use WebMethods API Gateway to create APIs; define policies; publish REST and SOAP APIs to WebMethods API-Portal; mask and filter data; enforce caching policies; and securely expose APIs to developers, partners, and other consumers for use in web, workflow, mobile and other applications
• Use WebMethods API Portal to publish API documentation, manage developer onboarding process through workflows, provide usage analytics, and allow new business uses of published APIs
• Implement a system architecture adhering to the best practices and using the standard design paradigms for integration using the WebMethods Integration Server an enterprise service bus for orchestration, data mapping, and business rules capabilities.
• Integrate technologies from any vendor, including ERP systems, databases, mainframes and legacy apps, SaaS platforms, REST/Web services, Java Message Service and packaged applications.
• Use WebMethods Applinx to transform screen-based programs into modern APIs
• Use WebMethods EntireX to transform COBOL, COBOL BATCH, and CICS programs into modern APIs for both inbound and outbound communication using automated interface extraction and advanced mapping capabilities.
• Use WebMethods CONNX to provide secure, real-time, read/write SQL data access with data residing on mainframes, mid-tier, and cloud data sources and systems
• Use WebMethods JDBC adapter to create no-code services to any JDBC accessible database
• Use WebMethods Designer IDE and Administration UIs to develop APIs and interfaces
• Use WebMethods Integration Platform to perform orchestration, data mapping, business logic, and looping
• Deploy WebMethods components in a commercial cloud environment or private cloud, which interfaces with an on-premise data center
• Develop APIs to enable access to data operating on a mainframe including DB2, CICS programs, QSAM, IDMS, VSAM, 3270 terminal emulation, and COBOL programs
• Create and publish OpenAPI specifications (formerly Swagger) to WebMethods API Gateway to enforce policies
• Support DataPower Integration
• Support WSSR Migration
• Develop unit tests using WmTestSuite to enable automated testing.
• Assist with CI/CD configuration. Develop WebMethods capabilities within an agile development environment consisting of Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Ansible, and Maven
• Design, Document, Develop, Test, Implement, Train and Support integrations developed with webMethods technologies.
• Support WebMethods product maintenance to include upgrades, updates, fixes, patches, and testing. Co-ordinate with Software AG's technical services to resolve the issues with webMethods components.
• Work across IT & business teams in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions using webMethods components.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years (senior) of progressively responsible relevant work experience as a WebMethods developer in the area of day-to-day design, development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of enterprise integrations.
• 5+ years Java/Jakarta EE experience.
• Managed file transfer experience
• Experience developing SOAP and REST based services.
• Integration experience with Software AG WebMethods suite - utilizing web services and Enterprise Service Bus toolsets (Software AG Web Methods 10.x preferred)
• Expert technical knowledge of and experience with enterprise system integration technologies including:
• WebMethods Tools and Languages: Integration Server, UM, MWS, Optimize, Insight, Wm Deployer, Java Services
• Database development technologies and platforms including: relational database design, development, and performance considerations, stored procedures, SQL expertise.
• Experience architecting and sustaining complex n-tier enterprise infrastructure and network topologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.