|Date Posted||October 28, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
In this role, you will act as a Unisys COBOL Engineer on an agile team providing application design, testing, implementation support, and execution; utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology with an underlying modernization goal. Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs, and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by preparing of test data, testing, and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. This engineer will need an astute technical mind that can navigate through the organizational and process hurdles to complete high priority tasks within timeframe. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuity plan. Strong understanding of domain driven design, Wells Fargo Auto architecture, and principles and patterns is a must have. The Engineer will work as a part of an Agile squad and will lead the technology innovation, product development, and testing to deliver on its backlog. Experience with Consumer lending and specifically domain knowledge of Auto Lending in Indirect market in USA is a critical requirement.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Cobol experience
- 5+ years of mainframe experience
- 1+ year of experience with Agile development in a mainframe environment
- 1+ year of JIRA experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: process improvements, continuous improvement, or LEAN
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of system application troubleshooting, and quality assurance application testing
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years experience with ALGOL, WFL, Cobol 74/85, DMSII
- 5+ years experience with Platforms: Unisys Clear Path MCP, Microsoft Windows 2000 / 7 / 8.1/ 10
- 5+ years of MARCUS, CANDE, Editor, Patch Manager, Release, Replicate, MCP
- 5+ years of Development Tools: Unisys Programmer’s Workbench, Editor, Text Pad, JIRA
- 2+ years of experience working with applications that interact with Mainframe
- Strong unit testing skills and understanding of unit testing terminology
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.