|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking – We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to business with and to deliver solutions that deliver real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and mtb.com and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
Along with hands-on software engineering, this role leads the activities of several scrum teams within the department. They will assist with long and short-term strategic direction for the functional team for multiple applications and/or cost centers. Serves as primary contact to the Technology leadership team and business partners.
What you will be doing:
- Participating in our engineering culture, with an emphasis on contributing ideas, thoughts, and constructive feedback regarding the work of others on our team.
- Work along side with the scrum masters to keep projects and work streams moving
- Direct developers and helping side by side development
- Remove road blocks and escalate issues when necessary
- Support the development team by jumping on and helping production issue bridge
- Design solutions for the team
- Hands on coding within .Net and future frameworks that are being developed (about 30% of the time)
- Direct other technology individuals form different departments as necessary
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience
- Worked on multiple projects of a basic to moderately complex systems analysis, design and development
- An ability to build out products & products enhancements from idea through to launch
- The candidate must be able to effectively collaborate, and show positive, mutual respect to all fellow team members
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of API web services and how they work
Preferred Knowledge in:
- Mainframe tools like expediter, abend aid, Panvalet, CA-7, with people leadership background.
At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today.
M&T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America