|Date Posted||April 26, 2021|
The Technical Team Lead will be adept at leading a team of technical professionals and driving quality and effective customer service.
Manage departmental activities such as coordinating work and projects to meet customer demands of both internal and external users
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of large, complex IT environments
- Responsible for technical efforts in addition to team lead responsibilities, which include applying appropriate technical development, design, testing, implementation, and production support
- Track requests from users and ensure effectiveness and timeliness of completion by personnel
- Make appropriate recommendations and resolve problems identified
- Serve as a liaison between department, users, and other assigned personnel. Attend meetings to represent department
- Design and implement on-going training for personnel to ensure their proficiency
- Forecast needs and costs associated with the budgeting process
Team & Interpersonal Skills
We are looking for a leader to mentor our technical staff both in leading edge technology and also career development. Plus, you will also develop a critical partnership with our Product Managers as we enhance our product with leading edge technologies. Collaboration and teamwork are critical to our success.
Serve a technical mentor and coach to other software engineers
- Demonstrate your ability to lead and elevate performance of software development teams including direct reports
- Build a collaborative partnership with our Product Management team
- Lead the development, testing and deployment of software applications and solutions including estimating development schedules and determining project scope
- Champion a culture of code quality and continual learning and growth throughout the department
- Expert ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as business partners.
- Able to operate within an Agile development process
The ideal candidate will have the following education, work experience, and abilities:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field/discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Prime Brokerage Systems
- Experience leading or mentoring a group or team
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Help define & maintain design specifications and standards as well as coach others in adopting them
Established ability to integrate technology, process, test and business practices
Expert in developing Cobol code
Skilled in software/systems architecture
Proficiency with DB2/MQM/JCL
Java/.Net knowledge is a plus
Conduct peer code reviews to ensure quality
Modern development approaches and tooling a plus (CI/CD, IDz)
TO BE USED ONLY IN ORGANIZATIONS DELIVERING SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS: Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry, and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns. At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements. Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained. Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance). Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities. Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack. Individual contributor.
Bank of America's Global Banking and Markets Technology Organization....
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: