|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
Role: Technical Specialist
Start Date: 06/21/2021
End Date: 12/17/2021
Location: Raleigh NC 27610
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite. The candidate will need to come onsite the first day to collect equipment.
Clients is seeking to fill a contractor assignment. This assignment will get extended. The selected candidate will fill the role of Technical Specialist on the Department’s Electronic Lien & Titling Project. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
• Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
• Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
• Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
• Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS) and/or CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG)
- Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
- Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Proven experience with analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
- Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
- Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
- Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
- Experience with State or county government
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas
IBM z/OS Required 10 Years
COBOL/CICS/DB2 Required 10 Years
CICS Web Services Highly desired 5 Years
ENDEVOR Required 10 Years
CA DB2 Products Required 5 Years
DMV Application Systems Highly desired 2 Years
Business Systems Analysis Required 5 Years
.NET Nice to have