|Published||June 1, 2023|
|Location||La Vergne, TN|
DETAILS: SR. COBOL DB2 PROGRAMMER
Title : Sr. Cobol Db2 Programmer
Compensation : $105,000 - $115,000 Base, strong bonus plan (10%-20%), excellent benefits package
Start Date : ASAP
Location : La Vergne, TN
OVERVIEW: SR. COBOL DB2 PROGRAMMER
We are searching for an accomplished candidate to join a team of Sr. Engineers specializing in an enterprise order processing application running on MVS using mainly relational database technology (DB2). As the Senior Software Engineer, you will perform all aspects of the development life cycle. You'll also act as the senior technical programmer for the assigned enterprise system and/or application of responsibility. In addition, you'll deliver results through independent contributions and through mentoring of junior engineers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: SR. COBOL DB2 PROGRAMMER
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 years' experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level IT solutions
- 2 years Development with Cobol
- 2 years Development with DB2
- 2 years' experience in CICS, MVC, or JCL
- Experience with TSO/ISPF
RESPONSIBILITIES: SR. COBOL DB2 PROGRAMMER
- Serves as Designer/Architect/Engineer for at least one major enterprise IT application.
- Leads areas of integration with at least one major operating system (e.g. Unix/Linux/Windows/MVS).
- Develops new design patterns, standards, etc. and works with other
- Performs data modeling and architecture development.
- Reviews and evaluates application work flow and user experience.
- Acts as technical expert and provides application development oversight and involvement for Third Party integrations (e.g. Documentum, Adobe, etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) core components.
- Leads and executes testing to ensure the program meets the specified
- Drives solutions and guides the work of others to provide full application development life cycle support including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Champions innovation and expands sphere of influence through mentoring and guidance.
- Works with user/customer community, business analysts, and architects to capture system requirements and design.
- Leverages a technical network to collaborate across the organization.
Thorndale Partners, LLC
Your trusted talent acquisition partner working to provide a premium experience to both job seekers and hiring managers.
Please visit our to learn more and follow us on .