|Published||August 2, 2022|
|Job Type||Full-time Contractor|
1) Requires at least seven years of software development experience.
2) Must have experience in the design and architecture of front-end applications.
3) Experience in leading development in an Agile environment
4) Essential knowledge of: Cobol ILE
5) Experience in designing multi-tier business logic-based systems.
6) Must have experience building stored procedures in applications.
7) Bachelor’s Degree
Interview Process: one step video conference / phone
Client is seeking to add depth in their software development teams. They are seeking Senior Engineers who can look at complex code, deconstruct it and ensure it is designed in the most optimal way. This is a “heads down developer. As a secondary responsibility, you will provide design direction to their off-shore support team. In order to be considered you MUST have some application design skills / experience. The application you are supporting is an iSeries Cobol application.. COBOL ILE IS A MUST.
Principal Software Engineer
- Design, modify, develop and implement technology solutions; build modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals
- Oversee team of developers from external software development partners
- Lead an environment of rapidly transforming software, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your assigned team members.
- Ensure quality of service characteristics, such as security, scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Document development iterations; ensure the quality of technical documentation; create progress reports
- Lead in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards