|Date Posted||November 24, 2020|
- Responsible for managing the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications.
- Deliver and maintain high quality information systems that meet the business needs of the customer.
- Provide business analysis and programming expertise, utilizing a project team in some cases, in the analysis, design and development of business applications
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve business problems
- Prepare detailed design specifications for complex applications from which programs shall be written
- Personally able to design, code test, debug and document programs if needed.
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Proactively seek new assignments
- Create clear and accurate estimates for application development
- Resolve any issues that arise during the course of the projects assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training are required.
- Minimum experience of five years in an IT programming department is required.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in several computing architectures and environments (e.g. client/server and mainframe)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Good project management skills, operating as part of a team. Organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation
- Open to new ideas
- Able to meet objectives, demonstrate initiative and develop new skills
- Capable of completing projects on time and under budget
- Proficient in platform appropriate programming languages, utilities and code management tools including COBOL, JCL, C++
- Strong technical knowledge with hands-on experience of various file organizations, for example: VSAM, DB2 and Oracle
- Familiar with online programming techniques
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Basic PC/Windows, MS Word and MS Excel skills
- Structured Query Language (SQL) whether MySQL, MS-SQL or other industry standard SQL
- Preferred experience or knowledge of Sybase Net Gateway / Direct Connect
- Programming experience or knowledge of PowerBuilder is a plus