Sr COBOL Programmer
|Published||January 26, 2023|
Cybermedia Technologies (CTEC) www.ctec-corp.com is a CMMI Level III company that has provided technology and management solutions to commercial and government clients across the USA for 20 years. We are currently looking for a Sr. COBOL Developer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative customer-centric technologies and solutions that help clients do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of Retirement Services technologies. This role will be to digitally transform payment systems for OCFO in the heart of beautiful downtown DC. You'll develop, maintain and enhance payment applications. We are seeking a senior COBOL developer to modernize critical payment applications. Performs the technical design and development of complex application systems changes in a Mainframe Environment.
* Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
* Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
* Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
* Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
* Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
* Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
* Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees the creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
* 5+ years of experience as a COBOL code programmer with a demonstrated record of achievement in mainframe COBOL application development within the past year.
* Background and technical expertise with an IBM mainframe application development environment, including VSAM and CICS.
* Proficient in ISPF, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL and IBM utilities.
* Candidate must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
* Experience with Accounting Application is a plus.
* Applicant must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Preferred OPM clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Cybermedia Technologies management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Cybermedia Technologies, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)