|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
Position: Sr. COBOL/DB2 Programmer
The External Communications (EC) platform has a contracting opportunity for an IT Applications Programmer Senior with mainframe experience to join the Forms team supporting Claims and Commercial Lines.
External Communications is positioning our organization for the digital future with over 1.5 billion transactions each year. The Content Management responsibilities consist of Capture, Store/Preserve, Deliver, Manage Business Process and Manage Documents/Templates. The External Communications platform receives transactions from other platforms to generate the appropriate communications to a variety of recipients.
In this role you will:
- Support new enhancement requests, responsible for designing, coding and testing and collaborating with quality assurance analyst and cross-platform resources to move solutions to production environment
- Work with business partners to understand and refine requirements
- Work as part of a team environment to ensure successful project delivery
- Mainframe, Cobol, JCL, DB2, VSAM
- TSO and related mainframe utilities
- ISPF - Panel Changes
- ESP - scheduling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with multiple application and business teams and customers, including technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills