|Date Posted||August 19, 2021|
What does a great Senior Application Developer do?
Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team to develop and support applications and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can code, test, analyze and support moderately complex systems. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
- Responsible for coding, programming, testing, and analyzing application software.
- Supports existing business systems applications.
- Consults with business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
- Design and document moderately complex technical requirements for business applications. Performs additional job duties as required.
- Expert knowledge of one or more development language(s) and tool(s).
- Must be able to determine and document complex software or system functional specifications.
- Understands basic internal business processes or functions.
- Designs and develops computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user defined requirements. Writes code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software. Performs additional job duties as required.
- Scope of Job Works on moderately complex projects with moderate to high breadth of responsibility. Participates in far-reaching research projects, making important decisions.
- Provides little to no coaching to less experienced peers. Must be able to consult with other users on moderately complex system specifications.
- Establish relationships with cross-functional teams for effective oversight of remediation efforts and to understand and help solve challenges
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 3 to 5 years of Development experience and strong technical background in Mainframe technologies.
- Must have hands on experience working on COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2 and working on mainframe related tools such as File Master, Endevor, Xpeditor, CA7.
- Expert analytical skills and in depth knowledge of financial service industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field or related
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Coordinate with the Development Manager ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Strong ability to write technical documents, support requirements decomposition, coordinate working POCs and evolve to deployable code, ability to present designs to peers and Product Owner for approval, Deep understanding of all lifecycle components (code, test, deploy)
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.