|Date Posted||July 29, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Wholesale Digital and Transformation Technology (WDTT) is seeking a Software Sr Engineer. WDTT enables the transformation of Commercial and Corporate Investment Banking businesses to sustain ably grow revenue and profitability by improving customer experience through digitization and automation in partnership with stakeholders across the firm.
We are seeking a senior technical resource with a skill set that includes Java, COBOL, CICS, strong SQL, Kafka, and strong interest in exploring and driving toward new technologies and the ability to create working models through proof of concepts to define best solutions. This position is supporting: automate the enrollment of transmission products , complete a proof of concept to utilize IDAA, complete proof of concept comparing performance between Java and COBOL, create a tool for our Client Services team to resend BAI files.
Our ideal candidate will a have a combination of Java and COBOL experience. If candidate is stronger in one language but lacks knowledge/experience with the other, they must have strong desire and willingness to learn. A background working with Mainframe applications is also highly desired.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of leadership or management experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mainframe experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Cobol experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong ability to define and create unmapped technical solutions
- Proven experience of driving and teaching new, innovative solutions
- Complete proof of concepts as requested
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.