Software Engineer III, COBOL
|Published||January 28, 2023|
Software Engineer III, COBOL
Lowell, AR - JB Hunt Corporate
Remote - Work from Home
Software Engineer III, COBOL
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position applies some advanced programming techniques and concepts during the solution design and development.
• Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
• Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
• Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
• Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt's standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
• Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
• Tests and validates functional changes according to documentation provided: Testing includes logical validation using unit and mutation tests, and functional validation via integration and UI tests. Results of testing procedure are to be used as input to trigger additional investigation, alteration of existing test cases, or further troubleshooting to resolve newly-introduced issues.
• Helps lead team members in execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
• Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
• Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
This is a support position that will include working off a ticketing system to support business services legacy systems. This position is available with options for relocation or working remotely.
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training.
Plus 4 years of experience using technologies such as:
•Microservice, application programming interface design, publisher/subscriber, event driven, and streaming architectures. Example tooling can include but are not limited to Java 11+, .NET, C# and associated frameworks, AMQ and Kafka
•Implementation, performance management, and testing of relational databases (RDBMS) such as IBM DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL databases such as MongoDB also preferred
•Cloud based containerization and deployment strategies. Common tools can include Kubernetes, docker, and tomcat
•React Native framework or iOS/Android development experience
Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required)
Software Development, Engineering
Job Opening ID:
00492180 Software Engineer III, COBOL (Open)
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law."
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominant force in transportation and logistics, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason - our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.