|Date Posted||October 30, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
From achieving sustainable homeownership, managing credit, purchasing a car to financing college, Wells Fargo Consumer Lending cares about our customers. Today, our diversified team provides home lending, auto loans, and student loans to more than 30 million customers. Every day we focus on providing guidance, advice and tools to assist our customers with making informed decisions for selecting the right products and services to satisfy their financial needs and help them succeed financially.
In this role, you will act as a Unisys COBOL Engineer on an agile team that is responsible for the execution of application design, testing, implementation support, and execution; utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology with an underlying modernization goal. Selected team members will also act in the capacity as a lead in which they provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited the following:
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs, and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by preparing of test data, testing, and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuity plan.
We are seeking several individuals with knowledge of the consumer lending business, specifically domain knowledge of the Auto Lending systems and practices, Wells Fargo secure coding practices, and a full range of skills from creating and process requirements, user interface development and coding on all tiers including database development. The engineer will need an astute technical mind that can navigate through the organizational and process hurdles to transform the system into a modern microservices based architecture while navigating the due dates on current applications. You should also have a strong understanding of domain driven design, Wells Fargo Auto architecture, and design principles and patterns.
These positions will be based in Raleigh NC. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
These are full time opportunities with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Cobol 74 experience, Cobol 85 experience or a combination of both
- 3+ years of Unisys mainframe development experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 1+ year of JIRA experience
- 1+ year of Programmer Workbench (PWB) and CANDE (Command AND Edit) development experience
- Consumer lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of auto finance applications
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: process improvements, continuous improvement, or LEAN
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of system application troubleshooting, and quality assurance application testing
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with the following programming languages: ALGOL, WFL
- Experience with Unisys Data Management System II (DMSII)
- Experience with Platforms: Unisys Clear Path MCP, Microsoft Windows 2000 / 7 / 8.1/ 10
- Experience with MARCUS banking platform
- Experience with the following development Tools: Editor, Text Pad, Patch Manager, Release, Replicate and MCP
- Experience working with applications that interact with Mainframe
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.