|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Software Development Engineer
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Software Development Engineer for a contract position in Brookfield, WI. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: The Software Development Engineer serves as a technical leader in the Software Engineering Department and plays a key role in developing industry leading software for our customers. In this role you will be responsible for defining, developing, and testing complex technical and architectural solutions that support Bank Solutions product strategies and address the market needs of clients and their customers. As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, where you can apply your existing knowledge to solve new market problems on almost a daily basis. This is a full-time position in a highly collaborative environment working with other skilled software professionals to deliver high quality software to help clients improve the way they do business.
- Lead in developing complex applications based upon technical and functional specifications
- Assisting in the development of and adhering to technical and functional standards
- Under limited direction, research, define, & complete required additions and changes to financial software products
- Under limited direction, analyze technical specifications for both creation of new or enhancing existing applications for compatibility with other systems
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and technical discussions and demonstrate the ability to assist in translating ideas into technical designs
- Interact with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering, assisting with design, and ensuring development of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Performs other duties as required
- A completed Bachelors Degree in IT, or an Associates degree in Computer Programming, or equivalent education in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience required
- Work experience should include extensive knowledge of Core Banking products
- A successful candidate will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, and a motivation to achieve best-in-class results
- A superior knowledge of programming (i.e. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc )
- A superior knowledge of how to document program design, coding, and maintenance.
- A superior understanding of how critical project completion is to client satisfaction.
- A strong knowledge of the relationship between software and hardware interaction.
- The ability to interact with external and internal clients for the purpose of data gathering and design initiation.
- Strong writing skills are required.
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Experience with COBOL and Enterprise Server Development is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Financial industry interest and experience is beneficial
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!