Software Developer (Cobol) Intermediate with Security Clearance
|Published||January 15, 2023|
Responsibilities Peraton is seeking a COBOL Software Developer with experience developing and maintaining applications written using COBOL with IDMS experience, and JCL for IBM mainframe operating systems. The Peraton DFAS account is seeking expertise to provide Application Support Services in support of the maintenance and development of Defense Civilian Payroll System (DCPS) project. This is a remote position, but individual must be US Citizen and hold or be able to obtain DoD Public Trust designation * Provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems. * Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software. * May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling. * Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives. * Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases. * Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements. * Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques. * Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety. * Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation. * May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
Qualifications * Requires BS 5-7 Years, MS 3-5, PhD 0-2 or HS with 9+ years of developer experience
* Must be US Citizen and hold or be able to obtain DoD Public Trust designation
* Experience with mainframe utilities including TSO, ISPF and JCL
* Experience with IDMS database * Strong experience with COBOL in a mainframe environment is required
* Exposure to the AGILE methodology is a plus
* Part of the Programming Team with responsibility of designing, coding and testing software requirements.Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way. #LI-SJ1 Peraton Overview Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers. Salary Range Salary Minimum: $57,500
Salary Mid: $115,000
Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.