|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
Kindly go through the below job description and let me know your interest.
Position: Software Developer - COBOL
Location: Alpharetta, GA(remote until COVID-19)
What does a great Software Developer do?
Our Financial & Risk Management Solutions (FRMS) Payments team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to work on our industry leading banking applications. This key individual will support Fiserv’s clients in support of PEP+ ACH Outsourcing Environment. As a Software Developer you will perform product design, bug verification, release testing, and support system implementations, which may require research and analysis. You will report directly to the Director, Treasury Operations Solutions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- As part of the ACH Outsourcing Team, the Software Developer is required to perform analysis, write specification documents, code and test mainframe software changes based on specifications.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of daily production and test system support for multiple PEP+ environments.
- Communicate with staff as well as customers related to the support of their PEP+ system.
- Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation. Apply documented procedures (i.e. FACETS, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, and Change Control) methodology for all tasks.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in JCL, COBOL, DB2,
- Source Management Tools (Endevor),
- Transmission Tools (FTP, Direct: Connect),
- Job Scheduling (CA7),
- Application Production Support,
- PEP+ processing including:
- Database interrelationships, Batch functions
- architecture, User Exits
- Expanding PEP+ internal tables / file sizes
- Restarts and recovery
- I/O Processing using Logical Views
- Fine tuning, Output handling
- Installation using EPPREP
- Modules (Risk, Prefunding, Early Warning System, ASAP, Dual Verification
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Strong working knowledge of the PEP+ application, with detailed understanding of NACHA rules and regulations.