|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Leidos is seeking a Senior Mainframe Developer with webMethods for Baltimore location.
The Senior Mainframe Developer with webMethods is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development of Mainframe, legacy modernization via API integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, SOA, REST, DB2/SQL, and webMethods.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging API-first strategies, cloud computing, or DevOps.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation APIs using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- API development (REST, JSON, SOA/Microservice architecture)
- Mainframe Integration through API (webMethods Applinx, EntireX, CONNX)
- DevOps (Jenkins, SonarQube, UrbanCode, webMethods Deployer)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java/JMS integration, Legacy mainframe integration, service oriented architectures (SOA), security (JWT/oAuth/API Key)
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: business logic, integration server, integration interfaces, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Architect, design and develop integration solutions for legacy mainframe applications and data using WebMethods product suite.
- Advice/mentor on design and implementation of design patterns and industry best practices to develop secure robust integration solutions.
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience with full lifecycle development and integration solutions
- 7+ years of experience with zOS Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, and JCL analysis, design, and development
- 2+ years of experience with Mainframe CICS web services and CICS Transaction Gateway
- 2+ years of experience with webMethod development and integration
- Experience in an Kanban team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Strong experience with Mainframe development, COBOL, CICS web services, VSAM, and 3270 terminal emulation
- Working knowledge of batch systems and scheduling (Control-M)
- Experienced in Mainframe tools (TSO, Endevor)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (DB2, PostgreSQL), and SQL
- Basic experience with Software AG WebMethods 10.x
- Knowledge and experience building RESTful web service and SOAP services in webMethods
- Knowledge and experience in EntireX, CONNX and ApplinX for building mainframe integrations.
- Development experience in building integrations using Flow, Java Services, JMS based design patterns
- Experience with automated unit testing using WmTestSuite
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) mainframe development environment
- Knowledge of API Gateway and policy design
- Preferred solid knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and Java APIs.
- Preferred experience with API development & monitoring tools (Postman, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Preferred experience with delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.