|Date Posted||July 30, 2021|
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
· Required: JCL, IBM IWS, PL1, IMS DB/DC
The Senior Mainframe Software Developer will take part of a major mainframe modernization. The job provides an exciting opportunity to work in a past faced environment utilizing a modern development toolkit with the introduction of Dev Ops tools and practices for our Mainframe.
In this role the developer is responsible for developing or enhancing software applications using sound, repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to application development on a foundation of industry best practices and in accordance with our software development/project methodology (Agile mostly).
· The Software Developer will contribute to the definition of technical features and stories and will work hands-on writing code based on requirements and system specifications (features and user stories).
· Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new modules to address a specific need or solve a particular business or technical problem.
· The role will include estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing, deployment, code debugging and job scheduling whenever applicable.
· This developer will work in a highly collaborative and increasingly Agile environment and will assume a key role for various new solutions within GPSC business
· This is a role that would suit someone with 8-12 years of Mainframe skills, who is a strong team player with a positive, confident attitude and a flexible approach.
· Prospective candidates will need creativity, decision-making skills, a drive for results, the ability to develop peer relationships, a strong technical learning capability, excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic.
· Being self-starter and able to work independently are must-have attributes.
In addition, the candidate will possess some or all of the following skills:
· Fully-qualified individual contributor who has knowledge and understanding of all aspects of function
· Ability to operate with a high level of independent judgment and are typically responsible for implementing functional strategy, administering and coordinating programs, counseling and advising management
· Broad technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with creative and independent thinking
· Proficiency in many technical functions and ability to integrate across disciplines and platforms
· Performs complex assignments requiring a wider application of principles, theories and concepts
· Ability to interact with other senior personnel
· Ability to lead and provide direction to a team of professionals
· Estimation, Analysis, Design, Design reviews, Coding, Code reviews, unit testing in small increments of work (mainframe)
· Troubleshooting (root cause analysis) and debugging applications in different mainframe programming languages
· Software testing and quality assurance
· Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides, system designs, others meet requirements
· Develop and Integrate software with existing systems
· Maintain standards compliance
· Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks consistently following the specified software development methodology
· Communicate effectively with a positive and confident attitude