|Date Posted||April 13, 2021|
URGEN NEED - Senior Mainframe COBOL Developer role - Albany, NY (1-2 days' onsite work is required at present. Regular onsite work will resume post pandemic).
Below is detailed job description for your review. Please respond soon with your updated resume for consideration.
Duration: 2 years + contract
Location: Albany, NY
PLEASE NOTE: Client requires on-site work (approximately 1-2 days per week) so any non-local candidates will be required to work on-site in Albany for the term of the contract.
Daily activities as a Cobol Programmer will include, but are not limited to:
- Use Cobol to analyze routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs and FTPs which make up discrete parts of the systems;
- Analyze DMS and RDMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code for discrepancies or inaccuracies;
- Document system specifications and solutions to facilitate knowledge transfer;
- Coordinate project activities among other team members, users, and/or requesters;
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine solution design;
- Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor and project leads;
- Must have between four (4) and seven (7) years of experience as a Specialist
- More than five (5) years of experience developing COBOL programs in mainframe environment.
- More than two (2) years' experience working on complex project.
- More than Five (5) years' experience compiling and deploying COBOL programs to multiple environments (dev, test, production, etc.)
- More than Five (5) years' experience eliciting business requirements to be built in on a COBOL based platform.
- More than Five (5) years' experience supporting COBOL-based production systems.
- Six(6) months' experience analyzing and extracting business rules from legacy systems using extraction software (i.e. Evolveware Intellysis)
- Five (5) years' experience conducting analysis and data conversion on legacy COBOL systems.
- Five (5) years' experience managing multiple priorities, simultaneously.
- Two (2) years' experience migrating from legacy systems to modern products.
- Three (3) years' experience in requirements definition.