Senior COBOL Engineer
|Published||February 21, 2023|
Senior COBOL Engineer
Senior COBOL Engineer Job Description:
In this role, you will deliver enterprise grade software solutions with high customer impact. You will work with a team of sr. engineers specializing in an enterprise order processing application running on MVS using mainly relational database technology (DB2). As the Senior Software Engineer, you will perform all aspects of the development life cycle. You’ll also act as the senior technical programmer for the assigned enterprise system and/or application of responsibility. In addition, you’ll deliver results through independent contributions and through mentoring of junior engineers.
Senior COBOL Engineer Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 years’ experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level IT solutions
Senior COBOL Engineer Preferred Skills:
- Strong DB2 Skills
- Strong COBOL skills
- Ability to work in both CICS and batch environments (MVS JCL)
- Strong TSO/ISPF skills
Senior COBOL Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Serves as Designer/Architect/Engineer for at least one major enterprise IT application.
- Leads areas of integration with at least one major operating system (e.g. Unix/Linux/Windows/MVS).
- Develops new design patterns, standards, etc. and works with other
- Performs data modeling and architecture development.
- Reviews and evaluates application work flow and user experience.
- Acts as technical expert and provides application development oversight and involvement for Third Party integrations (e.g. Documentum, Adobe, etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) core components.
- Leads and executes testing to ensure the program meets the specified
- Drives solutions and guides the work of others to provide full application development life cycle support including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment.
- Champions innovation and expands sphere of influence through mentoring and guidance.
- Works with user/customer community, business analysts, and architects to capture system requirements and design.
- Leverages a technical network to collaborate across the organization.