|Date Posted||December 1, 2020|
We're looking for a Senior Application Analyst with experience in mainframe systems. You will be working in Payment Transaction Settlement on multiple PTS application platforms. You’ll be providing system and application support of primarily a mainframe environment and end-to-end application delivery. You will be responding to system and application issues, leading hardware and software upgrades, disaster recovery procedures, system audits, and implementing client programming projects. It’s a customer focused senior application analyst position with an emphasis on analyzing business requirements, creating functional technical designs, and code development utilizing IDMS, DB2, VSAM and COBOL in a batch environment.
As a Senior Application Analyst, you can look forward to:
• Developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Performance tuning and testing of mainframe code, troubleshooting performance problems, preparing code for deployment and finishing all vital Waterfall SDLC documentation.
• Writing code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
• Working on online and batch applications that support credit & debit card processing.
• Writing and modifies COBOL programs to process data to fund and bill merchants & clear to associations.
• Unit testing program changes using IDMS, DB2, JCL, PROCs and test VSAM and flat files.
• Providing recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Developing customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
• Interacting with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
• Consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
• Attending meeting and conference calls to review the business requirements document.
• Designing and developing computer systems or programs, based on user defined requirements.
• Creating high level and detailed design documents that support credit & debit card processing projects.
• Presenting design documents via TEAMS meeting to the business for sign off.
• Developing mainframe applications for PTS application set across platforms.
• Providing leadership, supervision and coaching for a specific project.
• Delivering project documents, HLD, DDD, timelines, I-plans to the project manager.
• Adhering to established standards and consults with senior managers on technology solutions.
• Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
• Will be part of the on-call rotation to handle issues that could occur with the application such as job abends.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in applicable field OR Advanced Degree in applicable field with 6 years of relevant experience.
• 8 years of mainframe experience in IBM JCL, CA7, JCL, and utilities, COBOL, REXX, EasyTrieve, VSAM, IDMS, Endevor, File Master, Dispatch, View, UniTech and Remedy utilities.
• Experience with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Diner's International merchant acquiring; settlement balancing and error processing.
• Experience with the Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Advanced Degree and/or Technology Certifications.
• Experience in merchant acquiring system and credit & debit card international processing & integration services.
• Experience in settlement, interchange, and authorization targets for application modifications.
• Exposure to common Merchant Acquirer Information Security concepts and practices.
• Have functional-Technical knowledge of payment authorization, fraud detection systems and smart routing applications.
• Experience with payment ecommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$