|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
This position will analyze, estimate, design, develop, test and support computer programs and applications for all internal and external processes for the client. This position also helps support the development of new processes, procedures and applications for the client to help maintain day-to-day operations.
- Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace mission, vision and values.
- Analyze and document user information needs or business problems and determine the most effective/efficient programming solution using structured analysis and design methods.
- Create programming specifications based on the functional requirements.
- Document the processes and procedures for all software applications that are developed.
- Develop software applications based on requirement documents according to client standards.
- Critically review all programs prior to implementation to verify consistency and conformance with established departmental guidelines, policies and practices as well as industry standard guidelines.
- Perform acceptance testing and program implementation for assigned systems and/or projects.
- Debug new and current applications to ensure proper results.
- Maintain current applications and recommend system changes and enhancements.
- Troubleshoot problems with internal departments as well as external customers.
- Provide technical assistance to internal departments as well as external customers.
- Maintain a consistent, high quality, customer-focused approach when conducting business and providing services or products to internal departments as well as external customers.
- Interact with all levels of personnel in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent performance.
- Maintain professional knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities.
- Participate in ongoing training and education.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- COBOL, Linux, Shell Scripting, Microsoft Office, SQL experience
- Experience with Microfocus RM/COBOL preferred
- Experience with AWS CodeCommit preferred
- Experience with Git preferred
- 5+ years of experience working on systems that support Point-of-Sale and Batch processes using COBOL
- Hands on experience with ISAM files
- Considerable experience with deployments of COBOL application running on Unix or Linux
- Experience working on applications that require Data Mapping
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience working on Migration of legacy systems
- Experience supporting production environments for Transaction Processing Systems
- Experience with source code management applications like SCM, Harvest, Endeavor, etc.
- Hands on experience with file system databases & RDBMS (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in Health Care Industry
- Ability to develop a unique understanding of client brand, products, and services
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Teams, Excel, and Word
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”