|Date Posted||December 1, 2020|
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in and conducts development activities with offshore resources.
• Prepares test plans for unit testing, regression testing, system and production parallel testing.
• Conducts technical walkthroughs with all stakeholders.
• Supports system testing activities and resolves any technical issues.
• Ability to problem solve, code, test, and deploy application fixes in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
• Codes and tests high priority and critical changes utilizing COBOL, JCL, DB2, and VSAM.
• Handles change requests for implementing changes and owning them until closure.
• Provides emergency bug fixes to production issues and resolving client research requests.
• Provides production support by fixing batch process abnormal ends within strict SLAs.
• Meets with project managers to provide daily or weekly project statuses.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
MUST have minimum 5 years progressive IBM Mainframe experience - COBOL, JCL, DB2, and IBM Mainframe tools. Must demonstrate outstanding communication skills, ability to work well in diverse physically distributed teams, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Must have minimum 2 years technical degree but prefer 4-year BS/BA CIS or MIS degree. Knowledge of merchant processing is a huge plus.
• 5+ years of software development engineering experience.
• Working knowledge in an IBM Mainframe environment – proficient with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, and working with IBM Mainframe ZOS toolsets.
• Strong knowledge of the following: Job Scheduling (CA7); IDCAMS, SyncSort; Infogix; File-Aid; Abend-Aid; File Transmission (FTP/NDM); Endevor; Clarity
• Application Production Support – ability to provide 24x7 support for up to a week at a time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Experience in technical design writing and documentation.
• Proficient with usage of MS office – Outlook, Word, Excel. SharePoint
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$