|Location||Pompano Beach, FL|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
Contract to Hire
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Programmer Analyst for a contract position in Coral Springs, FL. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: We're looking for a Senior Application Analyst with experience in mainframe systems. You will be working in Payment Transaction Settlement on multiple PTS application platforms. You'll be providing system and application support of primarily a mainframe environment and end-to-end application delivery. You will be responding to system and application issues, leading hardware and software upgrades, disaster recovery procedures, system audits, and implementing client programming projects. It's a customer focused senior application analyst position with an emphasis on analyzing business requirements, creating functional technical designs, and code development utilizing IDMS, DB2, VSAM and COBOL in a batch environment.
- Developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Performance tuning and testing of mainframe code, troubleshooting performance problems, preparing code for deployment and finishing all vital Waterfall SDLC documentation.
- Writing code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
- Working on online and batch applications that support credit & debit card processing.
- Writing and modifies COBOL programs to process data to fund and bill merchants & clear to associations.
- Unit testing program changes using IDMS, DB2, JCL, PROCs and test VSAM and flat files.
- Providing recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Developing customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
- Interacting with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
- Consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Attending meeting and conference calls to review the business requirements document.
- Designing and developing computer systems or programs, based on user defined requirements.
- Creating high level and detailed design documents that support credit & debit card processing projects.
- Presenting design documents via TEAMS meeting to the business for sign off.
- Developing mainframe applications for PTS application set across platforms.
- Providing leadership, supervision and coaching for a specific project.
- Delivering project documents, HLD, DDD, timelines, I-plans to the project manager.
- Adhering to established standards and consults with senior managers on technology solutions.
- Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
- Will be part of the on-call rotation to handle issues that could occur with the application such as job abends.
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in applicable field OR Advanced Degree in applicable field with 6 years of relevant experience.
- 8 years of mainframe experience in IBM JCL, CA7, JCL, and utilities, COBOL, REXX, EasyTrieve, VSAM, IDMS, Endevor, File Master, Dispatch, View, UniTech and Remedy utilities.
- Experience with Client, Visa, Client, Client and Diner's International merchant acquiring; settlement balancing and error processing.
- Experience with the Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Advanced Degree and/or Technology Certifications.
- Experience in merchant acquiring system and credit & debit card international processing & integration services.
- Experience in settlement, interchange, and authorization targets for application modifications.
- Exposure to common Merchant Acquirer Information Security concepts and practices.
- Have functional-Technical knowledge of payment authorization, fraud detection systems and smart routing applications.
- Experience with payment ecommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!