|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Position Title: App Sys Analysis/ Prog Mgr - Mainframe
Position Number: 395644
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
COBOL, DB-2, Documentation, Testing
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Role: App Sys Analysis/Prog Mgr - Mainframe
Start Date: 01/23/2022
End Date: 05/18/2022
• Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. 80% Documentation, 20% coding.
• Contractors will work remotely 100%
• Note this is mainly a BUSINESS RULES EXTRACTION and DOCUMENTATION ROLE; 80% Documentation, 20% coding. Make sure the candidates you speak with have this understanding and LIKE to document.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups
The ideal candidate can:
• Clearly and effectively COMMUNICATE both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. Contractor will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
• Contractor’s primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
• Contractor will also be going through the batch processing of our existing systems and extract the program logic, Procs and JCLs and document them.
• Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for different Case Management Systems.
• Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
• Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
• Qualifications and Skills:
• Current hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2. Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
• Experience with CICS Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2 desired.
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
• Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
• Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures
• Attain a complete understanding of the Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
• Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
• Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs.
• Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
• Develop supportive documentation.
Required / Desired Skills
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
• COBOL Coding, testing & Debugging Required 5 Years
• IBM OS/JCL (MVS) Required 5 Years
• CICS including Coding, testing & debugging Required 5 Years
• IBM/DB2 including Coding, testing & debugging Required 5 Years
• Experience developing supportive documentation Required 5 Years
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs)
Required 5 Years
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups Required 5 Years
• Stored Procedures Required 5 Years
• Overall technical and IT experience 5 plus years Required 5 Years
• IDMS to DB2 Conversion Desired 5 Years
• IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion Desired 5 Years
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study Required 4 Years