Production Support Mainframe DB2 COBOL engineers – Banking
|Published||January 21, 2023|
Calling all DB2 Cobol Mainframe production Support Engineers - Investment Banking - Long Term Project.
A leading investment bank is seeking 5 DB2 Cobol Mainframe production Support Engineers to support them throughout the next phase of their project.
Details: 5 DB2 Cobol Mainframe production Support Engineers
Location - BROMLEY - 3 day onsite 2 days WFH
Duration - 6 months +
Start date - ASAP - Notice Accepted.
Rate - £450-500 inside IR35 -potentially room for negociation
Application Production Support Analysts required to support the Global Banking Applications for one of the leading investment banks. Primary responsibilities are identification and resolution of production incidents.
Problem Management post incident resolution to determine root cause, mitigating actions, drive and track permanent resolution. Management of incident and problem tickets through the enterprise ITSM tool.
Ideal candidates will have all or most required skills below:
* Relevant IT experience (Production Support, ITIL, Release Support, Technical Implementations, or equivalent)
* 5+ Years Hands on experience in (COBOL) developer experience in following COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, MQ Series, Easytrieve
* Experience in Endeavor, IBM problem determination tools such as File manager, Fault analyzer
* Desired Skills
* Exposure to IMS DB/DC, REXX
* Experience with banking or financial industry
* Ability to be part of IT production support team providing front-line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Incident / Problem Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring & Production Governance
If you have the required skills, please send your CV for review and i will call you. Interview slots available next week.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.