|Date Posted||September 12, 2020|
Mainframe Tech Lead
Job Title: Mainframe Application Architect
Location: Dearborn, MI
Terms: Contract- W2 only
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Requirements: Mainframe, JCL, COBOL, Agile/DevOps transformation, Cloud Modernization
We are seeking a highly skilled mainframe application Tx Architect who will build end-to-end solution in areas around cloud modernization.
Agile/DevOps transformation and aware of various mainframe modernization options like Re-hosting, Re-factoring, Replacing etc.
As a Mainframe Tx Specialist, you will bring your experience and thought leadership to drive vision, mission, and strategy around mainframe cost optimizations.
Assess the current application and infrastructure environment, and recommending the to-be application solution architecture.
Represent deep expertise on modernization of mainframe legacy, transformation of mission critical applications needing re-architecture.
Use your knowledge of mainframe and other platforms as a service offerings in the market, cloud application architecture and best practices, Microservices, DevOps, Data Modernization and cloud integration suites to advise our clients on their hybrid mainframe transformation journey.
You should have great breadth and depth of experience when it comes to modernizing legacy applications.
- Migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to Windows/Linux systems or the cloud
- Thought Leadership with extensive knowledge in legacy modernization techniques related tools and approaches.
- Refactoring monolithic applications to microservices based architecture.
- Work experience in Java
- Mainframe data migration, synchronization and offloading strategies.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on IBM Mainframe systems
- 5+ years as technical lead on mainframe application modernization initiatives, preferably to cloud environments.
- 3 years of experience and working knowledge of Linux on IBM Z Experience implementing well-known migration strategies for MIPS reduction, batch off-loading, data synchronization and other techniques for workload migration.
- Knowledge of JCL and one or more programming languages such as COBOL, PL/I and Assembler.
- Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC and Assembler.
- Ability to develop IT strategy and translate it into tangible benefits.
- nowledge of Agile methodology
Job Key Words:
• Mainframe data migration, mainframe applications, JCL, COBOL, PL/1 and Assembler
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Benefits? Yes
- Remote Workers? Yes, but will be onsite in Dearborn once they return to the office
- Visa Sponsorship? Not offered
- Corp-to-Corp? Not eligible
How to Apply:
For immediate attention please email resume to:
ettain group is the Talent Solutions Company dedicated to employment opportunities in Technology, Healthcare IT, Digital, Professional, and Government. Since 1996 we've helped the most talented professionals in the industry capture the in-demand roles that align with their career goals. We are your long-term career partner and will not only work to find you an opportunity now but will actively work to re-engage you on your next assignment. Top employers and highly skilled talent throughout the U.S. select ettain group for an unparalleled recruitment experience, which has earned us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing Diamond Awards for both Talent & Client Satisfaction for 9 consecutive years, an honor achieved by less than 2% in our industry. To learn more about ettain group visit www.ettaingroup.com. To explore more job opportunities with ettain group, visit www.jobs.ettaingroup.com/job-board.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 533911 when responding to this ad.