|Location||Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
American Computer Services Inc. (ACS) is hiring an Analysis / Documentation Consultant who has a proven history of supporting and documenting legacy applications within large complex enterprise environments. The ideal candidate will have recent experience performing analysis and documentation of COBOL, CICS, ADSO, and IDMS and be able to work collaboratively within a team, and to document application systems, both online and batch.
You will work remotely until a “return to work” plan is in place, and then on-site in Des Moines, Iowa .
To be successful you will:
● Have at least ten (10) years of large scale application programming, analysis and documentation experience.
● Clearly communicate complex process flows to business, technical and functional teams.
● Proven experience analyzing both Batch and Online processes for complex legacy mainframe applications.
● Experience identifying and documenting business rules and data flow.
● Manually research flows of input files, data entry screens, data displays, files, sorts, outside vendors and reporting.
● Work with Business and Technical Teams to identify processes that are utilized.
● Analyze Data Dictionaries, multiple databases and data structures including IDMS, DB2, and VSAM.
● Analyze CICS, COBOL MAPC and ADSO code.
● Document analysis findings in MS Word, Visio or other documenting product.
● Validate findings to business and technical teams.
Technologies you will need:
● ADSO, IDMS, MAPC, COBOL, and CICS
● PROC’s, SYNC SORT and Control-M
● VSAM, IDMS, DB2 and SQL.
● Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
● Excellent verbal and written skills.
● Strong communication skills showing an ability to interface with business and technical teams.
● Self-Motivation, time management and analytical thinking.