|Published||September 9, 2023|
ECS is seeking a Mainframe Developer - COBOL to work in our Memphis, TN office.
Maintain and develop computer programs to support Address Quality Group. Current applications are written using COBOL and operate in a mainframe environment.
This person will need to have the following skills:
- Participate in on-call rotation after hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff to convey complex issues and resolutions to those issues
- Create Change Management documentation for code implementation in support of USPS policies/procedures
- Ability to work under high stress conditions and provide needed results when issues arise
- Ability to deal with constant change and competing task assignments by being able to prioritize task assignments
- Ability to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve relatively complex problems, which requires a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study
- US Citizen or Green card holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- COBOL, TSO, JCL, and PROCs (5-10 years)
- Understanding of Mainframe environment structure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related IT field or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- Must have an understanding of TSO, COBOL, JCL, and PROCS.
- Experience in CICS, Java and LINUX a plus.
- High proficiency in computer skills required including Excel and Word
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3800 employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.