|Published||May 29, 2022|
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Mainframe Programmer (Cobol) for a contract opening with one of our largest clients.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship, or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Mainframe Programmer (Cobol)
Contract length: 6 months with the possibility of extension/conversion.
Locations: Bloomfield, CT/Remote
- Developer will be responsible for the enhancements, upgrades, technical design, coding of an existing client server pricing application comprised of VB .Net and SQL server database.
- Developer will also be responsible for enhancements, technical design, coding of mainframe COBOL DB2 programs.
- The developer must be highly-motivated, take ownership of tasks, assignments, issues, and follow through until resolved.
- Have strong analysis skills to allow them to successfully learn the applications quickly and resolve technical issues and problems as they arise.
- The developer will have design and coding responsibilities for upcoming application releases and possible other technical initiatives as well.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other team members (developers, analysts, business partners and multiple upstream and downstream applications’ teams).
- BS, Computer Science or related degree
- Self-motivated and highly professional
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Able to meet deadlines working independently and directing others
- Effective interaction with peers, team members and business partners
- Demonstrates application delivery experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
Required Technical Skills (3-5 years’ experience):
- VB, C# or .Net experience
- SQL Server – Stored Procedures
- Mainframe Cobol DB2, JCL/PROCS
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Prior experience with Scrum or any other agile SDLC methodology.
- Familiarity with underwriting and pricing methodologies
- Dell Boomi
- IDz, GitHub
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
Set the bar high for what a company should do
Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
Life & Disability Insurance Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts