|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Work within an agile scrum team to include a ScrumMaster, Product Owner, business analyst, test analysts, application developers and client counterparts to design and deliver new products or capabilities in an iterative, continuous fashion
- Develop detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, screen mock-ups, flow diagrams, etc. outlining the solution to be implemented
- Be accountable for assisting in the gathering and verification of non-functional requirements, review of architectures and designs, adherence to standards, and developing and implementing strategies for validating that the target requirements have been adequately addressed
- Be an active participant in all agile scrum ceremonies
- Be responsible for maintaining project and system documentation
- Be a strong advocate for the development team’s priorities and challenge and will push back on scope-creep and negotiate timelines with the product owner
You would be a particularly good fit if you:
- Are able to collaborate openly within a mixed team of developers, analysts and product owners
- Have the ability to analyze a problem, organize thoughts and recommend approaches
- Are a creative thinker, comfortable pushing the boundaries of standard industry practices
- Are a self-starter looking for responsibility and a place you can make an impact
- Like to innovate and make things around you better
- Are experienced in Agile/Scrum methodology, and the development of associated project artifacts (i.e., user stories, acceptance criteria).
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Programmer duties and responsibilities as listed in job description, along with contributing to/ participating in and supporting Agile practices. Agile team of 5-7 people comprised of Business, Technical, and Testing team members, sitting in close proximity to each other, finding a balance between individual and team work. Aside from learning TSYS and TS2, which is ongoing for one’s entire time at TSYS, truly understanding and supporting what Agile means and how it drives the majority of what we do and how we do them.
What Part Will You Play?
- Partners and consults with the business and technology teams to develop basic to complex code for internal and external client software solutions. Provides expert advice for the design, creation and delivery of routine to complex program specifications for code development and support on multiple, complex projects and issues with an in-depth understanding of the application and/or area as it relates to assigned projects and provides advice on how functional areas interact.
- Uses experience to take insightful and logical corrective measures for complex deficiencies and forwards systemic proposals to leadership.
- Provides expert advice/guidance to all levels for application documentation, procedures, methodology and standards. Applies in-depth knowledge of testing and validation for basic to complex code changes.
- Provides advice to leadership on the design, development and enforcement of business/infrastructure application standards to include the associated controls, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance and accuracy of data.
- Develops, administers and recommends billable hours and resource estimates on complex initiatives, projects and issues.
- Assists with on-the-job training and provides in-depth expertise and advice to developers.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
There will be quarterly travel to visit client site in the Eastern Time Zone for 2-3 days
Job Specific Skills Required/Desired:
Cobol, IMS, & DB2 (Required): Java (Desired)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 2-4 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 2+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 4+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data
- Typically Minimum 2-4 Years Relevant Exp
- IBM Rational Tools a plus
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- IBM Mainframe System - COBOL, JCL, CICS, SQL, z/OS, DB2, IMS, Assembler, VSAM, XML, TSO/ISPF, MQ
- Hardware Platform - HP Non-Stop Utilities, Scobol, COBOL, SQL, Enscribe, TAL
- IT Tools - Easytrieve, RSXX, CA-7, Metavante Custom Statement Formatter, Dialogue, Network Data Mover (NDM), Rational Developer of System z (RDz), IBM Debug tool for z/OS, IBM Fault Analyzer, IBM File Manager, IBM Application Performance Analyzer, GT Software Ivory BMS/TS, Syncsort, SPUFI
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.