|Date Posted||March 27, 2021|
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
Primary Location : Atlanta, Georgia
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking Mainframe Programmer Analyst client in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a contract position in public sector industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field
- Must have multiple years of experience and show evidence of completed projects using COBOL and DB2 to allow quick production fixes and timely enhancements as requested by the DHS Division of Child Support Services (DCSS).
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related area Experience in Programming: 10 Years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Experience in COBOL, DB2, JCL, Utilities and DEBUG: 6 Years
- Knowledge of COBOL, DB2, JCL, Utilities, and DEBUG
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to work independently
- Maintains information technology systems using COBOL, DB2, VSAM and JCL in the Z/OS operating system
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide design, performance recommendations, MF coding and JCL knowledge to maintain specific software upgrades. including (Code1-Plus and Mailstream).
- Analysis and design of application enhancements and report layouts.
- Conversion of customer needs into logical flowcharts for coding into computer language.
- Creating and modifying JCL, DB2 tables and documentation.
- Must be willing to provide on call coverage for batch processes
- Works effectively with OIT customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications
- Assists in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems
- Acts as a technical liaison between information technology staff and internal and external customers
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively
- Analyzes, interprets and presents technology solutions to prepare design specifications in a technically acceptable and cost-effective manner
- Designs effective information technology subsystems and develops appropriate programs
- Conducts analyses, interprets research findings, conceives a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduces abstract ideas to easily understood procedures
- Develops logical code for efficient program execution
- Produces written technical documentation
Qualified candidates should send their resumes
V-Soft Consulting is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. What makes V-Soft different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
V-Soft is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India, Canada, and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. V-Soft has been recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America and is known for the ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner, and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.