|Location||New Carrollton, MD|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2020|
- The candidate SHOULD possess client Consulting skills with World-wide Best Practices in a complex and mission critical heterogeneous data center environment and MUST exhibit mastery of the following hard skills in a data center automation context (Unisys Dorado mainframe, Microsoft Windows, and Linux environment):
- Deep understanding of global Best Practices for complex data center automation tools
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented data center configuration (class/attribute methodologies, Topology creation, Event Report construction/processing, etc).
- Practical knowledge of External Application Launch and Alert Policy usage, configuration, and advanced techniques (email/text messaging, audible output, SNMP Trap generation, etc triggered in response to raised/acknowledged/cleared alerts, for instance).
- In-depth coding experience with command console messages and log file parsing: long-term management requires advanced techniques in code development and structure.
- An expert-level use of the ADBM and Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Advanced knowledge of the C# language, Linux shell script, and VB Script.
- Requirement for Disaster Recovery (DR) Automation Ability:
- Integrate multiple point products, in order to effectively drive high-level dashboard monitoring displays with a range of exception data.
- A deep understanding of all automation tool’s open interfaces (APIs, Pipe, and automation language entry points, such as the ME Event Report)
- The ability to write C# code to connect these low-level interfaces to the data center automation tools.
- Additional C# skills that allow for client-oriented User Interface (UI) creation.
- The ability to develop and maintain hardware device expectance source code to meet evolving client needs with the flexibility for modification required to meet high-level and low-level client requirements.
The applicant must also exhibit the following soft skills alongside the above hard skills:
- Capacity to perform gap analysis, in order to bridge functionality voids between point products.
- Broad understanding of multiple product's strengths and weaknesses, so as to position products effectively in response to client requirements.
- Capability to communicate effectively with the client, Unisys, and SAIC management. This implies excellent verbal/written communications skills, presentation creation/delivery abilities, and the commitment to follow through on promised deliverables.
- Formal training experience, from material creation to delivery, in a dynamic, workshop-oriented venue. Training and mentoring of other team members in order to ensure a backup/fall back mechanism or any other responsibilities assigned by the Leadership team on an as needed basis.
- Ability to invent new automation solutions (such as metrics to track automation progress) and communication skills to present/enthuse the client with regard to future possibilities.