|Published||August 8, 2022|
Education: • Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Sciences or equivalent proven experience of four years with a large-scale OS/MVS mainframe utilizing Cobol, CICS Command Level programming and VSAM files.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a large-scale OS/MVS mainframe environment utilizing CICS/COBOL/VSAM.
• Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience in the areas of structured systems analysis and design, utilizing COBOL and IBM JCL.
• Successful track record of enhancement, support, and projects through the systems lifecycle
• Excellent structured design and analysis skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the work force from clerical staff through directors.
• Focus on delivering high quality service, needs of the key stakeholders, end-users, service orientation, organizational communications and getting results
• Listening and communications – build partnerships/relationships through listening for understanding. Express oneself effectively in oral and written communication, with diplomacy, openness, transparency, and with a high degree of confidentiality. Provide specific and appropriate feedback.
• Accountable, commitment and follow-through and be personally responsible for your actions. Take individual responsibility for performance including quality and quantity of work. Be willing to own issues, problems, activity, and accomplishments.
• Initiative and innovation – pro-active approach in problem solving. Display creative approach to everyday problems, ask good questions, and stimulate ideas. Offer creative ideas for improvements and solutions to problems.
• Collaborative – builds effective relationships with others. Works effectively as a member of a team. Open to assistance and willingness to assist others. Puts success of team above own interest.
• The overall goal of this position is to support Financial applications, which includes the following primary functions.
• Perform monitoring and maintenance activities needed to maintain normal system operations.
• Perform analysis and programming tasks needed to correct system defects.
• Complete business service requests, which may include running system processes, investigation, analysis, and small programming assignments.
• Enhance applications as needed to support required business and compliance needs. Responsibilities
• Enhance applications per business requests.
o Responsible for full system life cycle including gathering and analyzing user requirements, designing, creating program specifications, programming, unit and system testing, supporting user acceptance testing, training, implementation, and integration activities.
o Meet with different management and staff levels within the Financial Services and IT Services departments to analyze requests and resolve issues. • Support applications and the associated business areas.
o Manage work intake and assist with prioritization. o Investigate and answer questions about system processes and data. o Fulfill requests for ad hoc reports.
o Support and maintain interfaces between the University’s Financial applications, other University applications, and outside vendors on mainframe and Windows platforms.
o Test applications for new operating systems, programming tools, utilities, etc.
o Develop procedures and other documentation for support staff and users. • Monitor system processes and correct system defects.
o Share rotating on-call responsibility for supporting daytime processing.
o Identify and resolve batch and online production problems. This includes tasks such as impact analysis, recovering data, fixing programs, and/or rerunning batch processes that are needed to return the application to normal operations. o Take steps to prevent future production failures and data corruption.
o Perform root cause analysis for system defects and modify the system to correct them. • Performs other related work as needed.
- provided by Dice