|Published||January 5, 2022|
CGI Federal is seeking a Mainframe Developer/Analyst for our Social Security Administration (SSA) program in Baltimore, MD. This resource shall assist the Division of Disability Data Collection & Support (DDDCS) by providing business systems analysis, data analysis, and validation support services for various mission critical systems that play a key role in the process of providing solutions for processing disability cases.
**This position will be based out of our Woodlawn, MD office**
Your future duties and responsibilities
• reverse engineering a primary legacy system
• looking at the code and documenting what it does
• validate/regression test software when changes are made
• Assist in developing project resource guide and Agile compliant life cycle deliverables
• Research, report and monitor defects throughout SDLC
• Create test data to support all software releases and automation initiatives
• Create new and/or update existing test scripts and object repositories to test all necessary functionality in support of all release initiatives
• Participate in working sessions, walkthroughs/peer reviews and prepare meeting notes/reports
• Documenting requirements, test cases and test scenario in ALM
• Interfacing with internal and external components in support of all release initiatives
• Provide training and mentoring to resources as needed on tools, business knowledge and application functionality
• Support Process Improvement initiatives, as directed
• Providing Business and Systems process analysis and Support User Interface/Screen Design initiatives
• Providing product and project management support
• Performing requirements gathering and analysis
• Supporting User Interface/Screen Design
• Performing testing and validation and also develop automated regression testing
• Documenting requirements traceability
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Ability to reverse engineer existing systems and produce software development project documentation, including business and detailed functional requirements, business and system user stories, system design documentation, business process and functional flow diagrams
• Knowledge to complete agency standard artifacts and follow SSA's Project Resource Guide (PRIDE).
• Understanding of Mainframe batch COBOL transaction processing system development
• Familiarity with: COBOL (batch), FOCUS, Control-M, JCL and utilities, Generation Data Group (GDG) flat files
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with both technical and non-technical staff from SSA and other technical areas
• Must have excellent oral and written communication related to Systems/Data Analysis and Design, and to quickly understand SSA program details and work side-by-side with SSA experts
• Experience with code and peer reviews are a plus
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.