|Date Posted||October 18, 2020|
UST Global is looking for a highly energetic and collaborative Mainframe lead with experience in Enhancement of Mainframe projects. The lead will be responsible for participating in Inception phase of the development life cycle in the financial domain for a Banking project in the United States. The ideal candidate is expected to be experienced in the Analysis; Development/Enhancement; Unit testing; Debugging of both Mainframe Batch and CICS online programs. The candidate should be a proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions and accept responsibility and risk. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with domain experts and IT leadership team is key to be successful in this role.
As a Mainframe lead; you will
• Documentation of application features targeting the Mainframe Jobs and Programs.
• Analyze existing batch file related programs; online CICS transaction and understand the business logic implemented.
• Understand the logic and effectively document so that whoever who reads the document understands the business logic implemented.
• Review / Evaluate the documents prepared by the team; as needed.
• Have a structured approach on documentation and plan well ahead on what flow needs to be reviewed / walk-through.
• Coach and mentor team members on Mainframe documentation best practices.
• Define and enforce documentation standards and best practices.
• Collaborate with peers; reviewing complex change and enhancement requests on documentation.
• Guide the team on documentation best practices in Mainframe platform as well as perform peer reviews.
• Build and maintain active relationships with team to determine business requirements.
• Partner with other IT teams during analysis to facilitate successful analysis and documentation.
• Participate in daily internal sync-up meeting and Review / Technical walk-through.
• Communicate effectively with technical peers in in a clear manner; while also being able to articulate complex solutions.
• 7 plus years Experience
• Experience with including Cobol; CICS; JCL; VSAM; SDF II (BMS Maps) are the mandatory skills.
• Skills like MQ (message queue); TraceMaster and Zeke are the value addition.
• Possess strong mainframe technical skills in both batch and CICS online development and testing.
• Strong financial analysis; diagnosis and problem-solving skills.
• Strong effective communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Experience with Analysis phase of a project is required.
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Excellent leadership; communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
• Demonstrated leadership; teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting