|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
Works on a team alongside other software engineers and software analysts to support product design by writing and testing code to deliver complex functionality on a defined portion of the product it supports.
Seeking a Technical programmer/developer who has Mainframe expertise. The project is to sunset a major Mainframe application and related databases.
· Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and system in Cobol and DB2 environment.
· Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
· Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
· Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
· Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
· Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation
Required Technical Skills:
· IBM DB2
· Job Control Language (JCL)
· Insurance industry experience (including healthcare insurance) a major plus.
· Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
· Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline OR equivalent experience.