|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
Position Title: COBOL Mainframe Developer
Position Number: 367835
Location: Springfield, IL 62756
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Required Skill Set:
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Mainframe COBOL Developer
Location: Springfield, IL (onsite work is required)
Duration: July 1, 2021 – June 20, 2024
Seeking experienced, mainframe/COBOL developers to work in business application development for multiple departments. Environment and tools are IBM mainframe platform, Z/OS operating system, TSO/ISPF and DB2.
The mainframe COBOL developer’s responsibilities will include:
• Analyzing data logically and exercising sound judgement in defining and evaluating problems of an operational or procedural nature.
• Interacting well with and building relationships with teammates, clients, management and other IT teams in different work environments.
Candidates submitted for the Mainframe/COBOL Developer position must meet the minimum requirements listed below.
The following information must be evidenced by submitting a narrative description of the candidate’s experience.
• Must have extensive experience with the z/OS IBM Mainframe environments, COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, TSO/ISPF and DB2/SQL.
• Must have extensive experience in designing, coding, unit testing and supporting clients during User Acceptance testing.
• Must have experience in the software development life cycle, using both waterfall and Agile practices and methodologies.