|Date Posted||January 5, 2021|
We are seeking a candidate who has the technical and analytical skills to look into existing mainframe application code and create documentation/business rules.
Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. Contractor will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
- Contractor's primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
- Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for the Criminal Applications.
- All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the Client's Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- Contractor will also be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
- Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2. *Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
- Experience with CICS
- Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2 desired.
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
- Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
- Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures
The ideal candidate can:
- Clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal Case Management system and additional client applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
- Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.
- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
- Develop supportive documentation.