|Published||June 16, 2022|
Position: Mainframe Cobol Tester
Location: Dallas, TX
Long Term Contract
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience QA manual tester with an excellent track record.
- Candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Required to adhere to the Exchange Quality Assurance Testing Procedures and Project Master Test Strategy.
- Ability to write required manual test case scenarios and test cases to cover all business requirements including positive and negative testing. Validate COBOL error handling per designated application owner.
- Ability to create requirements tractability matrix using Jira.
- Accurately execute test cases and report defects per Jira defect management flows.
- Experience with Jira and Zephyr test management tools.
- Ability to work with various teams, SMEs to clarify and resolve testing issues.
- Personal drive for individual and team success by meeting required priorities and deadlines with quality work.
- Assertive when required to ensure project success.
- Ability to take direction from designated QA Lead and IT Leadership, and work closely with application owners, etc. as necessary.
- Must have working experience in JCL, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, CICS and have mainframe knowledge
- At least 2-3 years of work experience on zOS mainframe with JCL/ISPF/REXX knowledge
- 2 to 3 years of Experience in Functional Testing on Mainframe COBOL applications
- Perform end-to-end functional testing and validation for the applications under test
- Leading and managing functional testing activities such as developing a detailed functional test plan, test approach, test conditions, risk identification, and impact analysis etc.
- Execute provided JCL by application owners, or if necessary, build JCL to parallel test Easytrieve and new COBOL program to ensure same results. Will use File Manager tool to compare results.
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication skills
- provided by Dice