|Published||June 28, 2022|
- The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications. Would prefer candidates that are in NC.
- The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to site. At that point the candidate will be required to come onsite.
- The manager has a strong preference for candidates in NC.
- The candidate must come in to pick up his or her equipment on the first day at own expense. A candidate or a vendor representative must come in to drop off his or her equipment on the last day at own expense.
- The NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Specialist on the State Automated Driver License System(SADLS).
- The Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
- Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
- Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
- Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
- Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS)
- Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
- Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Proven experience with analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
- Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
- Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
- Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
- Experience with State or county government
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using .NET/C#.
- Would prefer candidates that are in NC.
Required / Desired
- IBM z/OS Required5Years
- CICS Web Services Highly desired2Years
- CA DB2 ProductsRequired5Years
- DMV Application Systems highly desired1Years
- Business Systems AnalysisRequired2Years
- Experience using .NET/C#. Highly desired1Years
- provided by Dice