|Date Posted||November 4, 2020|
TEKsystems is seeking a Mainframe Analyst/Developer for a position in the Indianapolis, IN area.
The Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer - Senior works in an agency information technology division under general direction performing application systems analysis and programming duties. This position is for an on-site programmer to support Mainframe systems administration, support enterprise-based COBOL applications, and to support the custom-built mainframe system utilities that are written in COBOL.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
* Confers with department management to assist in planning, organizing and controlling activities of assigned area;
* Confers with user community to conduct, through research, fact-finding and analysis to formulate and define system requirements, scope and objectives, establish priorities, and monitor progress of complex information systems;
* Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results to obtain maximum computer utilization;
* Prepares detailed project feasibility studies, formulates complete system scope, project cost, time estimates and human resource and IT infrastructure requirements for new and existing application software systems;
* Assists, directs, trains and coordinates the work of less experienced application software developers and/or application systems analyst staff and assists with development of difficult and complex programs;
* May function as Team and/or Project lead responsible for completion of project phase;
* Provides complete documentation for new or modified information systems and/or application software programs including operational procedures and manuals;
* Prepares detailed specifications from which application software will be written;
* Prepares and conducts system test planning;
* Designs, codes and debugs new application software programs and/or makes enhancements to existing application software programs of all levels;
* Tests and debugs new and existing application software;
* Executes task conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies and procedures;
* May use case tools and/or application development software tools;
* Monitors application software systems to ensure proper execution and performance;
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
* At least 5 years of recent Mainframe experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL programming or related procedural programming
* Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts
* Advanced skills working with COBOL, IDMS, JCL and SQL.
* Extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques;
* Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
* Extensive knowledge of application development software tools and application development software languages;
* Extensive knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
* Extensive knowledge of the most recent advancement of information technology equipment, operation, capabilities;
* Extensive knowledge of both system and business applications and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities;
* Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis;
* Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals;
* Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities;
* Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Difficulty of Work
Work is broad in scope requiring extensive judgment in adopting techniques to meet the information technology requirements, specifications, standards, and procedures of a complex enterprise wide system.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.