|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
LEGACY SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Legacy Systems Specialist for a contract position in Denver, CO. Opportunity will be two months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: The role of the Legacy Systems Specialist is to provide a variety of services related to support of systems and technologies that are no longer considered state-of-the-art or that require subject matter expertise that is no longer readily available due to the age and changes in system operations and functions over time. Legacy systems, while often characterized as those using older software, hardware, and network technologies, are also still providing mission critical support vital to many agencies. As such, Legacy System repair, maintenance, enhancement, and retirement require highly skilled and hard-to-find expertise.
- Provides planning & design assistance for the interfacing or data exchange with other agency system or technologies.
- Provide planning & design assistance and recommendations for the migration and conversion of legacy functions and data to new software, hardware, or computing platform environments.
- Develop, modify, test, and update existing Legacy systems. This includes producing design, test, and user documentation as required, and interfacing with agency staff and/or other contractors in a collaborative manner.
- Program, code, load, install, backup, repair, debug, reverse engineer, document, test, advise, cross train, and present as needed.
- Execute Legacy System conversion plans and activities required of such plans, such as, allowing for parallel operations, failsafe, rollback, and roll forward strategies as needed.
- Provide mentoring, training, ad coaching to IT project teams as required.
- Work directly with agency staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other state agencies in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned Legacy Systems projects.
- Where documentation isnt available, reverse engineer programs, functions, and system architectures, so as to reveal the source operation and document the I/O, data structures, and sequencing of operations within a Legacy environment.
- Provide emergency Legacy System support during system failures or when critical deadlines appear.
- 5-15 years of experience. Commercial and Custom Systems with some Certifications required.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!