|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
- More than seven (7) years of experience working on complex projects with 2 or more years in a leadership role as a Developer.
- More than Seven (7) years of experience working directly with COBOL 74 and/or 85 programming on mainframes.
- Five or more years of experience with system analysis and design, programming and unit and integrated testing on mainframes.
- Seven or more years of experience with Cobol routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs.
- Five or more years of experience monitoring production work and performing error diagnostic/debugging activities in a mainframe environment .
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation related to designing, programming, performing code walk-throughs and testing in a mainframe environment.
- Experience in reviewing, translating and extracting business rules and process logic from COBOL code in a mainframe environment.
- Five or more years of experience with RDMS and DMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code.
- Five or more years of experience of working in information technology domain with State Government.
- One or more years of experience conducting Business rules extraction and Quality Assurance using Evolveware Intellysis.
Daily activities as a Cobol Programmer will include, but are not limited to:
- Review production systems to understand major technical components and relate them to business areas;.
- Use Cobol to analyze routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs and FTPs which make up discrete parts of the systems.
- Analyze DMS and RDMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code for discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Document system specifications and solutions to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Monitor and perform diagnostic/debugging activities on the mainframe.
- Coordinate project activities among other team members, users, and/or requestors.
- Act in advocacy role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all relevant phases of the IES Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine solution design.
- Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor and project leads.