|Date Posted||October 25, 2020|
Lead Developer, Software
We are a development shop looking for a Lead COBOL Developer to join our team. A successful candidate will possess strong COBOL, VSAM, Unix Scripting and CICS skills. Everyone pulls their own weight, so you have to be able to work independently, read and update complex code, and take a project from request to production. A given project might be to build a new feature, fix a bug, or improve performance. The Lead Developer is expected to mentor other developers, assist management with the assignment of workload and to be a source of information and leadership.
- Work individually or in teams to enhance and support existing applications
- Work with the business analysts to define requirements
- Create functional designs/specifications from business requirements
- Participates in design reviews
- Work with distributed teams to coordinate file delivery and access
- Engage in production support and Participate in on-call rotation to support the project
- Propose, architect, design, develop, debug, test, troubleshoot, document, implement and support software systems while following appropriate coding standards and design patterns.
- Develop code, tests, and debugs new software
- Perform maintenance or enhancements on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications
- Write programs according to specifications needed
- Work with the technical staff to understand problems with software and then resolve them
- Respond to all reported current software production concerns
- Participate in the development of software user manuals
- Develop and maintain system documentation as per expectations
- Work with management, clients, and other technology teams to ensure the product creates relevant and meaningful business results without negative impact to existing business and technology infrastructure.
- Develop stand-alone and NTT Data Cobol based software solutions using standard Software Development Life Cycle procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems required
- 10+ years of programming experience in a COBOL environment.
- Experience in Credit Card processing and Payment Services, specifically in clearing, posting and settlement of Credit Card transactions.
- Expert knowledge of COBOL/COBOL2, TSO/VSAM, Unix scripting and CICS, DFSORT/SYNCSORT
- Production support experience - Batch and Online abends.
- Experience with file transfer protocols including NDM, FTP, SFTP
- Abend analysis and resolution tools knowledge
- Online and batch programming troubleshooting tools knowledge
- Library source maintenance tools knowledge
- Experience in full life cycle process
- Provide protocols to assist Quality Assurance Team with testing products
- Assist with workload determination
- Be able to speak to large groups and lead review calls on functional design reviews
- Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work with aggressive schedules and deadlines
- Must be used to working on existing, well establish code base, or starting new projects from the ground up
- Must be comfortable collaborating with Operations and Quality Assurance teams
- Outgoing, not afraid to speak up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team, and to execute tasks and projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure
- Ability to converse clearly on technical issues with subject matter experts (BAs) and peers (other members of the technical staff)
- Ability to communicate assigned tasks to peers, senior staff, and supervisors
- Ability to participate and contribute in closed meetings with members of the technical staff and subject matter experts
- Ability to converse openly on application, technical, and user issues to any member of the user community for the benefit of the employer
- Ability to assist in User Acceptance Testing.
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person
- Must be able to manipulate (manual dexterity) a telephone headset, calculator, and computer keyboard, paperwork, etc.
- Must be able to see to read related documentation
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with ISOs, co-workers, and vendors
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time