|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
URGEN NEED - Lead COBOL Developer role - Albany, NY (1 day onsite work is required at present. Regular onsite work will resume post pandemic).
Below is detailed job description for your review. Please respond soon with your updated resume for consideration.
Duration: 2 years + contract
Location: Albany, NY
PLEASE NOTE: Client requires on-site work (approximately 1-2 days per week) so any non-local candidates will be required to work on-site in Albany for the term of the contract.
Daily activities as a Lead Cobol Programmer will include, but are not limited to:
- Review production systems to understand major technical components and relate them to business areas;
- Use Cobol to analyze routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs and FTPs which make up discrete parts of the systems;
- Analyze DMS and RDMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code for discrepancies or inaccuracies;
- Document system specifications and solutions to facilitate knowledge transfer;
- Monitor and perform diagnostic/debugging activities on the mainframe;
- Coordinate project activities among other team members, users, and/or requestors;
- Act in advocacy role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all relevant phases of the IES Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine solution design;
- Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor and project leads;
- More than seven (7) years of experience working on complex projects with 2 or more years in a leadership role as a Developer
- More than Seven (7) years of experience working directly with COBOL 74 and/or 85 programming on mainframes.
- Five or more years of experience with system analysis and design, programming, unit and integrated testing on mainframes.
- Seven or more years of experience with Cobol routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs.
- Five or more years of experience monitoring production work and performing error diagnostic/debugging activities in a mainframe environment.
- Experience in creating and maintaining documentation related to designing, programming, performing code walk-throughs and testing in a mainframe environment.
- Experience in reviewing, translating and extracting business rules and process logic from COBOL code in a mainframe environment.
- Five or more years of experience with RDMS and DMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code.
- Five or more years of experience of working in information technology domain with State Government.
- Six months of experience conducting Business rules extraction and Quality Assurance using Evolveware Intellysis.