|Location||East Chicago, IN|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
IT Applications - Process Manager, Plant Systems
Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
As the process manager, IT applications, in plant systems, you will have the overall accountability for the management and success of the Indiana Harbor primary manufacturing IT team. Specific functions fall under the categories of Business and Technical alignment, planning and project management governance / change management and staff development.
Business and Technical Alignment
- Understands the business, the technologies, the manufacturing process, key people, and business goals.
- Aligns with the customers and establishes strong customer working relationships.
- Ensures appropriate staff support for area: sufficient coverage, backup coverage, disaster recovery, etc.
- Ensures timely and effective feedback for customer issues and requests.
- Drives innovation with the business.
Planning and Project Management
- Works with the business & IT Demand Manager to plan work based on business priorities.
- Manages to plan and ensures timely completion of work requests or project sub tasks
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and raises appropriately.
- Ensure Sox/PSAT and IT processes are followed by the team.
- Can create or assist in the creation of the project initiation document (PID) when required.
- Facilitate Testing process – Test scripts, problem tracking, etc.,
- Ensures safety is No. Priority with their Team.
- Follow GEDP process including regular coaching and scheduled reviews to ensure highest performance.
- Develops efficient IT staff, ensure appropriate training and assignments.
- Able to provide technical guidance, assistance and direction for their team.
- Is aware of their team member’s career goals and helps them achieve them.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years exp in DB2/CICS, COBOL, MVS/JCL/JES Adabas/Natural, SSIS/SSR, C#/VB/.NET
- 2-3 years exp in Project Management or Supervisory role
- Demonstrated good leadership, communication, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Manufacturing knowledge and familiarity with the OFS Primary Manufacturing Systems at IH.
- 2+ years exp in OFS, DB2/CICS, COBOL, Adabas/Natural for Windows, SAS, C#/VB/.NET, MS Win Servers, SSIS/SSRS, Power BI.
- 5+ years exp in Project Management; and demonstrated good leadership, communication, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience with the OFS Primary Manufacturing Systems at IH.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.