|Published||September 21, 2023|
We welcome individual candidate and Corp-to-Corp (CTC) resume submissions.
Keller Schroeder, an information technology firm in Evansville, IN is seeking an iSeries (AS400) COBOL Developer to work with our direct client. This is a 6-month, remote contract opportunity with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate would have a deep understanding of interactive screen development. Candidates will be able to provide technical analysis, support, and programming.
- Perform complex application programming activities on iSeries ILE COBOL, ILE CL, database DB2.
- Lead the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and other engineers/developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Lead a project/program from initiation to delivery and warranty.
- Own the quality of code and do your own testing.
- Participate in the design and code review process.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, multitask as necessary.
- Mentor and guide junior developers on the team.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 10 years’ experience with at least 8 years programming and 5 years analysis.
- iSeries development experience in technologies such as ILE COBOL, ILE CL, and database DB2.
- Complete SDLC project knowledge.
- Must be a highly skilled professional with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of iSeries API's, Data queues, User queues, multithreading, Journaling, and IBM iSeries file systems such as Library based system, etc.
- Experience with SQL and MQ Series.
We look forward to receiving your resume in PDF format!
iSeries COBOL Engineer