|Published||June 15, 2022|
Our Export Legacy development teams are responsible for maintaining and enhancing our mission critical system of record, Expeditors Transportation Management System (e.tms Export). We use the term Legacy to describe our Export system because it provides enduring value to our thousands of users worldwide. We benefit from a balance of maturity, tenacity, and good humor, allowing us to deliver best in class results. In doing so, we support our global operations and migration efforts, and allow Expeditors to remain competitive and compliant within the industry. Come join us, and quickly see the impact of your work in the context of larger market trends and regulations.
The COBOL Developer is responsible for analysis, design, coding and support of solutions that streamline and improve efficiency of our highly transaction based code base. This key role is part of an Agile scrum team that works closely with our operationally focused Product Owners and end users. This collaboration drives an understanding of business problems and opportunities. .
Having a strong sense of curiosity about logistics, exceptional technical skills, and an innate customer service-oriented attitude are essential for being successful in this position.
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Systems design and documentation
- Development and testing of data flows, applications and systems
- COBOL programming
- Experience with at least one of the following Database environments: IBM DB2, HP Image
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming; use of Macros
- SQL and data analysis experience.
- Experience with integration between systems
- HP COBOL Programing, Fresche - AMXW, ORDAT - Ti2SQL
- Databases: DB2, PostgreSQL
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Operating systems include UNIX, Linux, & Windows
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- This position is full-time (40 hour work week, Monday - Friday).
- This position will sit in Seattle, WA. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Expeditors offers competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
PandoLogic. Keywords: Expeditor, Location: Seattle, WA - 98104 , PL: 537221706